Etusivu » Housing » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions, concerns? Here you can read answers to the most common questions.

Looking for superior everyday life for your property? Our customer service is here to help!


The property manager takes care of managing the housing company. Meanwhile the maintenance company is responsible for minor repairs, taking care of fault reports, snow removal, lawn mowing, and the general maintenance and repairs of the property.

The maintenance company responsible for your apartment building, along with its contact information, is listed on the resident page and the housing company’s notice board. You can also obtain this information from our customer service – do contact us here.

Write a written disturbance report to the property manager. It would be good to include the date and time of the disturbance in the notification. If the disturbances are recurring, keep a disturbance diary and submit it to the housing company’s property manager.

The change of address notification must be made both to the property manager and to the maintenance company, which changes the name on the door.

The notification of change must also be made to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. It can be done online here:

If you live in a housing cooperative, please contact our customer service! Quickest and the most convenient way to reach us is with these forms:
Inquire about a parking space

Inquire about a sauna shift

If it’s a rental building, contact the maintenance company or the parking management company.

Information about the property’s broadband situation can be found on the residents’ pages.

You can also inquire about it from our customer service. You can find the contact details here.

If you do not know the front door code, please contact our customer service. You can find the contact details here.

The residents’ pages provide comprehensive information about the common areas of your building. You can also ask our customer service – see the contact details here.

Contact the maintenance company to make a fault report. You can find the contact details of the maintenance company on the residents’ pages and your housing company’s notice board.

In principle, no, but the tenant and the landlord can agree on such an arrangement. The parties can also agree among themselves whether the tenant pays the water bill to the landlord or directly to the housing company.

First, ask your landlord about this. Then, the landlord orders the new key from the property manager.


Contact our customer service! They will connect you with the right person. Get in touch!

Contact our customer service. Our customer service representatives will advise you on what to do next, and with them you can order a re-keying and new keys. Get in touch!

As a general rule, you should contact the property manager for all modifications to the apartment. However, painting and wallpapering do not require separate notification. You can read more about our renovation guidelines, how to prepare a modification notice, and other renovation practices.

You can also submit a modification notice online.

You can submit a modification notice online here. Get more information about preparing the notice and other practices related to the renovation from our renovation guidelines.

A loan share is a shareholder’s portion of the total amount of loans taken by the housing company. The loan share determines the type of financial contribution the shareholder pays in addition to the maintenance charge. Generally, there are two opportunities per year to pay off the entire loan share at once, but this depends on the bank’s policies.

To learn more about the company loan, loan share, and loan repayment, please contact your housing company’s accountant. You can reach them by first contacting our customer service. Find the contact information here.

The interest rate varies according to the loan taken, and you can find the exact interest details and the basis for interest determination in the confirmed financial statements of the previous fiscal year.

This information can be found in the minutes of the general meeting or by asking our customer service. The decision is made annually at the general meeting.

If the contributions have been recognized as income, meaning they have been recorded as income in the housing company’s accounting, you can deduct the capital contributions from rental income. If the capital contribution has been capitalized in the housing company’s accounting, you cannot deduct the contribution from rental income. You can find more information on the Tax Administration’s website.

To generate a final bill, we need the water meter reading after the previous tenant has moved out. If you are unable to report the reading yourself to the property manager, please contact our customer service so that the meter reading can be arranged.

There are also remotely readable meters available. However, this varies by property, and you can confirm from our customer service whether your water meter is remotely readable or not.

First, you need to find out how many keys the apartment has. Our customer service can give you the exact number. If it’s an additional key to the apartment, you can order it from the property manager by submitting a written key order.

If your key is lost, please contact our customer service. The property manager can arrange for re-keying of the locks and new keys if necessary.

Shares are usually transferred from one person to another in connection with a real estate transaction. In these cases, the following documents should be submitted to the property manager: the deed of sale, the share certificate with transfer annotations, and a certificate of paid transfer tax.

Usually, the company’s annual general meeting is held no later than six months after the end of the financial year, typically during the first half of the year.

If there are any exceptions in the practices of the housing company, they are mentioned in the housing company’s articles of association.

The maintenance and repair responsibilities of the shareholder and the housing company are listed here: Responsibility Distribution Table

Yes, it can. You can order an e-invoice from your online bank and also set up direct debit for the invoice.

The reasons for the increase can be found in the budget section of the general meeting materials. Most often, it has been noted during the meeting that the current fee does not cover the expenses presented in the budget. To cover these expenses, it has been necessary to raise the maintenance fee.

Please contact our customer service regarding this matter – see contact information.

The board

The electronic apartment information system will be implemented by the end of 2023, and we will inform shareholders as the implementation approaches.

Please note that shareholders are required to apply for electronic registration of their ownership, at which point the traditional paper share certificate will be invalidated. For more information on the implementation of the electronic apartment information system, please visit the website of the National Land Survey of Finland.

The member of the board can track the financial situation of the company through the resident pages.

The financial situation of the housing company is also discussed in the board meetings, where it is presented by the property manager. The review of the financial situation includes forecasts, receivables, cash balance, and the income statement.

The financial situation of the housing company is also comprehensively reviewed at the annual general meeting.

Board meeting fees are usually paid once a year, either in December or after the change of the board following the general meeting.

The property manager always has a backup person who handles the responsibilities of the primary property manager during their absence. By contacting our customer service, you can find out who is substituting for your property manager. Find the contact information.

The minutes of board meetings and the housing company’s contracts are compiled on your housing company’s resident portal.

The board should go through their communication plan with the property manager, allowing the property manager to make suggestions for improvements.

The communication plan defines the company’s communicational points and methods of communication. Typically, the housing company sends out newsletters addressing current issues to its shareholders three or four times a year. Of these, the notice for the general meeting usually interests the shareholders the most.

Energy costs can be reduced by keeping room temperatures between 20–22 degrees and by reducing hot water usage. It’s also advisable to avoid opening the windows of the apartments during freezing temperatures to prevent heat loss.

The possibility of lowering the company’s heating curve by one degree is also worth considering. A one-degree reduction can save up to 5 % on heating costs annually.

The temperature in common areas should be kept at 17 degrees. This should be addressed in the board meeting, and it’s important to discuss it with the property manager and the maintenance company.

To control heating costs, it’s also important to ensure that the property’s heating control automation is functioning properly. With this, our technical property managers can assist your company by optimizing the automation settings.

If it is a board meeting with minutes taken, then a meeting fee will be paid unless otherwise agreed.

If the meeting is informal and no minutes are taken, then generally a meeting fee will not be paid.

The decision on which meetings and under what criteria the board will be paid fees ultimately lies with the general meeting

We are here to help you with all things property

Use our digital assistants or get in touch with our service team!

The Digital assistants

Business as usual: take care of your everyday affairs, such as sending change reports, checking the distribution of responsibilities, or purchasing necessary documents. Our digital assistants are here for you. The real-time financial monitoring and other current information of your property is located at the E-services for residents.

Oiva’s service team is here to help

Something on your mind? Let us know! Fill in the contact form or call us. Looking forward to hearing from you!